If the statutory conditions are satisfied participation in pension insurance and the payment of a contribution to the state employment policy are mandatory for self-employed persons. Sickness insurance is voluntary.
Participation of self-employed persons in pension insurance
A self-employed person participates in pension insurance:
- in a calendar year for the period in which he/she carried out a major independent gainful activity,
- in a calendar year for the period in which he/she carried out a subsidiary independent gainful activity, if the income from the subsidiary independent gainful activity after deducting expenses reached in the calendar year at least the so-called decisive amount.
- in a calendar year for the period in which he/she carried out a subsidiary independent gainful activity, if he/she registered for participation in pension insurance.
Participation of self-employed persons in sickness insurance
Participation in sickness insurance is voluntary for self-employed persons. Sickness and maternity benefits are granted from the sickness insurance scheme for self-employed persons.
The self-employed person participates in sickness insurance when both the following conditions are met:
- he/she carries out an independent gainful activity in the Czech Republic or outside the Czech Republic, if it is carried out on the basis of an authorization required under Czech legislation. This applies unless the applicable legislation is governed by an international agreement on social security or by the Regulations,
- he/she has submitted an application for participation in sickness insurance on the required form.
Latest modifications 26. 1. 2012